The MOV2GO Foundation’s Institute of Media Technologies has partnered with The University of Akron’s Buchtel College of Arts & Sciences in an effort to provide a broader educational service to students in the Mid-Ohio Valley.
The Institute of Media Technologies currently offers two cost-free programs focused in the areas of Music Production & Audio Engineering, and Visual Communications.
The Music Production & Audio Engineering program is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to conduct business as a professional independent audio creative.
Areas of study range from music business fundamentals to production and postproduction techniques.
The Visual Communications program is designed to provide students with a thorough understanding of the skills needed to succeed in today’s dynamic media industries.
Throughout the project-based curriculum, students will explore topics ranging from digital video production and content distribution, to business fundamentals, entrepreneurship, marketing strategies, and branding.
STUDENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Pictured left to right: Alexander Gabbard, Andy Middleton, Heather Lee (Secretary), Noah Arnold (Advisor),
Jeff Totten (Advisor), Nick Hampton (Advisor), Alivia Mercer (President), Arionna Wolfe, Ava Kocher (Vice-President)
Not pictured: Caden Bell, Guy Martin, Marcus Shutts, Regan Tanner
MUSIC PRODUCTION & AUDIO ENGINEERING
• MPAE01 - Sound Theory & Composition
• MPAE02 - Music Theory & Preproduction
• MPAE03 - Audio Engineering Principles (Pt 1)
• MPAE04 - Audio Engineering Principles (Pt 2)
• MPAE05 - Audio Engineering Principles (Pt 3)
• MPAE06 - Audio Engineering Tools (Pt 1)
• MPAE07 - Audio Engineering Tools (Pt 2
• MPAE08 - Audio Engineering Tools (Pt 3)
• MPAE09 - Digital Audio Workstations (Pt 1)
• MPAE10 - Digital Audio Workstations (Pt 2)
• MPAE11 - Large Format Studio Operation
• MPAE12 - Music Business & Management
• VC01 - Photography/Videography Fundamentals
• VC02 - Basic Image Editing & Formatting
• VC03 - Video Production Fundamentals
• VC04 - Content Distribution
• VC05 - Web Design Fundamentals
• VC06 - Social Media Integration & Marketing
• VC07 - Search Engine Optimization
• VC08 - Business Management